CI-01 Crime & Intelligence Analysis – Level 1 (Basic)
The IALEIA (International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts) Professional Certification Committee state our level 1 and 2 courses are acceptable for Re-certification Purposes.
This course moves on and online from the National Intelligence Analyst Training (NIAT). It is an introductory course in Crime & Intelligence Analysis. The course presents material which describes the process of crime & intelligence analysis at a basic level. The role of the analyst and analysis is reviewed and the analysis process is examined. Some of the tools which analysts use are also introduced.
This first level, online crime analysis training course, concentrates on crime analysis but covers some of the basic issues which arise in the day to day work of law enforcement analyst training to become a crime and intelligence analyst.
NOTE: This is a foundation course and it is a requirement that you successfully complete this course before you move on to the level 2 or 3 courses.
The aim of this online crime analysis training course is to introduce students to the fundamental aspects of crime and intelligence analysis.
The following content is included in this course:
- A Brief History of Intelligence
- The Intelligence Cycle and Process
- Introduction to Criminal Intelligence and Crime Intelligence Analysis
- Types of Analysis
- Data Issues
- Introduction to the Analysis of Patterns & Relationships
- Theories of Crime
Duration of this course
This course consists of a 8 modules and is expected to take between 10 and 15 hours to complete. However, individual students work at their own pace and so this estimate should be used as a rough guide only – it may take you longer or you may complete the course in a shorter time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have been approved as a student and purchased access to this course, you will have 3 months to complete it. If you do not finish the course within 3 months then you may need to sign up again.
This course is available.
How is the course presented?
You will take this course online – the features of this course include:
- Narrated video presentations to help you understand the topics covered;
- Downloadable content – such as documents and images;
- Interactive features such as knowledge checks;
- Links to useful websites and other material;
- Self assessed knowledge checks;
- Assessed testing segments at the end of each chapter;
- Online forums to keep in touch with other students and your tutor;
- Email contact with your tutor;
- Reading lists;
- Online live ‘chat’ sessions with tutors and other students.
If you require this course to be delivered in a classroom then please contact us for details.