CI-02 Crime & Intelligence Analysis – Level 2 (Intermediate)
The IALEIA (International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts) Professional Certification Committee state our online level 1 and 2 courses are acceptable for Re-certification purposes, our hands on classroom courses are acceptable for certification purposes.
This course moves on, and online from the National Intelligence Analyst Training (NIAT). Crime & Intelligence Analysis – Level 2 (Intermediate), follows on from the introductory course and promotes a deeper understanding about crime & intelligence analysis processes and techniques. This course includes charting methods, logical thinking and hypothesis development. The first half of the course examines some important intelligence analysis techniques used in law enforcement analyst training to become a crime and intelligence analyst and to help make sense of information. The second half looks at some important crime analysis issues and techniques.
NOTE: You will need to complete the basic course before you can sign-on for this intermediate course.
The aim of this online crime analysis training course is to introduce students to the fundamental aspects of crime and intelligence analysis.
The following content is included in this course:
- Thinking Skills
- Evaluation of Information
- Inference Development
- Logical Briefing (Intermediate)
- Association Charts (Link Analysis)
- Commodity Flow Charting
- Event Charting
- Activity Charting
- Forecasting (Intermediate)
- Analytical Techniques
This course is complimented by the use of practical exercises which are assessed with feedback by the course tutors.
Duration of this course
This course consists of a 11 modules and is expected to take between 30 and 40 hours to complete, access is authorised for 3 months. However, individual students work at their own pace and so this estimate should be used as a rough guide only – it may take you longer or you may complete the course in a shorter time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have been approved as a student and purchased access to this course, you will have 3 months to complete it. If you do not finish the course within 3 months then you may need to sign up again.
This course is available:
How is the course presented?
You will take this course online – the features of this course include:
- Narrated video presentations to help you understand the topics covered;
- Downloadable content – such as documents and images;
- Interactive features such as knowledge checks;
- Links to useful websites and other material;
- Self assessed knowledge checks;
- Assessed testing segments at the end of each chapter;
- Assignment submissions;
- Online forums to keep in touch with other students and your tutor;
- Email contact with your tutor;
- Reading lists;
- Online live ‘chat’ sessions with tutors and other students.
If you require this course to be delivered in a classroom then please contact us for details.