CI-07 Communications Data Analysis – For Analysts & Investigators
The Communications Data For Analysts & Investigators course, follows on from our analysis courses. It promotes an understanding of analysis processes and techniques in relation to ‘Communications Data’. The course includes charting methods and hypothesis development.
This law enforcement analyst training course looks at various forms of Communications Data, its origins and how it can be of use by law enforcement agencies to progress investigations. It gives the analyst or investigator an understanding of various forms of data, ways in which it can be analysed, and turned into actionable intelligence.
The aim of this course is to enable students to be able to understand the value of communications data, identify communication patterns and to produce actionable inferences.
The following content is included in this course:
- History of Communications
- Mobile Phone Basics
- Telephone Numbering Plans
- Subscriber Identification
- Communications Data Defined
- Investigating IP Networks
- Communications Data and Legislation (Based on UK)
- Communications Data Analysis
- Mobile Apps (Bonus Module)
- GPS Data (Bonus Module)
This course is complimented by the use of module quizzes.
Duration of this course
This course consists of a 11 modules and is expected to take between 30 and 40 hours to complete, access is authorised for 3 months. However, individual students work at their own pace and so this estimate should be used as a rough guide only – it may take you longer or you may complete the course in a shorter time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have been approved as a student and purchased access to this course, you will have 3 months to complete it. If you do not finish the course within 3 months then you may need to sign up again.
This course is available:
How is the course presented?
You will take this course online – the features of this course include:
- Downloadable content – such as documents and images;
- Interactive features such as knowledge checks;
- Links to useful websites and other material;
- Self assessed knowledge checks;
- Online forums to keep in touch with other students and your tutor;
- Email contact with your tutor;
- Reading lists;
- Online live ‘chat’ sessions with tutors and other students.
If you require this course to be delivered in a classroom then please contact us for details.