CI-12 Information Evaluation 3x5x2
The Intelligence Evaluation Model, 3x5x2 instructs the United Kingdom’s latest model for Information Evaluation. This short course introduces 3x5x2 and its relationship to 5x5x5.
This 3x5x2 Information Evaluation course, is designed to enable the students to give value to information, enabling actionable intelligence to be used in intelligence products. This will be achieved by introducing them to the concept of 3x5x2 evaluation and its relation to 5x5x5.
At the end of this module the student will be able to:
- Describe the difference between 5x5x5 and 3x5x2 systems of evaluation
- Describe the difference between information and intelligence
- State where evaluation fits into the intelligence process
- Name the process used for evaluation
- Explain the principals of source evaluation
- Explain the principals of Information evaluation
- Explain the principals of applying handling codes
- Value information and create an Intelligence Report
Duration of this course
This is a one module input and is expected to take between 3 and 6 hours to complete. However, individual students work at their own pace and so this estimate should be used as a rough guide only – it may take you longer or you may complete the course in a shorter time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have been approved as a student and purchased access to this course, you will have 6 weeks to complete it. If you do not finish the course within 6 weeks then you may need to sign up again.
This course is available:
How is the course presented?
You will take this module online – the features of this course include:
- Narrated video presentations to help you understand the topics covered;
- Downloadable content – such as documents and images;
- Assessed knowledge check;
- Online forum to keep in touch with other students and your tutor;
- Email contact with your tutor;
If you require this course to be delivered in a classroom then please contact us for details.