CI-13 Information Evaluation – 5x5x5
Information Evaluation is an essential part of intelligence analysis, it enables intelligence analysts to place a value on intelligence products. The 5x5x5 Evaluation Model informs the students how to use this model.
To instruct the students how to evaluate information for inclusion in intelligence products.
At the end of this module the student will be able to:
- Describe the difference between 5x5x5 and 3x5x2 systems of evaluation
- Describe the difference between information and intelligence
- State where evaluation fits into the intelligence process
- Name the process used for evaluation
- Explain the principals of source evaluation
- Explain the principals of Information evaluation
- Explain the principals of applying handling codes
- Complete an evaluation of information supplied
Duration of this course
This is a one module input and is expected to take between 3 and 6 hours to complete. However, individual students work at their own pace and so this estimate should be used as a rough guide only – it may take you longer or you may complete the course in a shorter time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have been approved as a student and purchased access to this course, you will have 6 weeks to complete it. If you do not finish the course within 6 weeks then you may need to sign up again.
This course is available:
How is the course presented?
You will take this module online – the features of this course include:
- Narrated video presentations to help you understand the topics covered;
- Downloadable content – such as documents and images;
- Assessed knowledge check;
- Online forum to keep in touch with other students and your tutor;
- Email contact with your tutor;
If you require this course to be delivered in a classroom then please contact us for details.