CI-14 Xanalys Link Explorer 6.3 Online (Basic Introduction)
XANALYS Link Explorer, the most powerful and comprehensive link analysis and visualisation tool available today. Link Explorer lets you analyse intelligence and investigative information from a wide range of data sources by “joining the dots” and presenting compelling results in clear and understandable charts and reports. It has the unique ability to break through the clutter and quickly uncover patterns and relationships from complex data, producing valuable information. Link Explorer works the way analysts work, enabling you to ask questions and interrogate the data through Query by Visualization™.
The course assumes that you are familiar with Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and you have a functioning copy of Xanalys Link Explorer 6.3.
This online course guides you through the basics of operation, updating and queries, it is a prelude to the more advanced Xanalys Analysis course. Students will have on completion, the unique ability to break through the clutter and quickly uncover patterns and relationships from complex data, producing valuable information. Link Explorer works the way analysts work, enabling them to ask questions and interrogate the data through Query by Visualization™.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Understand what Xanalys link explorer is
- Start link explorer
- Open and save the tutorial work-file
- Understand workfile panels
- Use the workfile toolbar
- Save the workfile
- What’s in the tutorial workfile
- Use the Query Panel
- Look at a chart of the people in the database
- Close and opening charts
- Work with Example Queries
- Look at the details of an object
- Look at a report of all the people
- Look at the details again
- Look at other kinds of objects
- Create a new query from scratch
- Use the Query Editor
- Use the Chart toolbar
- Change the view area
- Understand link charts
- Combine two queries
- Rename a query
- Create a query of people and events
- Look at an event chart
- View different chart layouts
- View other types of chart
- Understand available Chart types
- View multiple charts
- Open a chart and find an object
- Add information to an existing object
- Create a new object with the Drawing Panel
- Create a new link
- View the analysis Panels
- Use the Search Panel
- Use a selection for further analysis
- Use the Filter Panel
- Change the colour of an icon
- Add an annotation
- Change what’s in a label
- Setup a query
- Start the import
- Look at the results
- Reuse your import settings
- Please follow the video presentations.
- Export data from a chart to Excel
- Refine data in Excel
- Import from Excel to create a chart from the Excel Data.
- View objects on a Bing map
- View selected objects on a chart
Duration of this course
Users will have 90 days access to this on-line course.
How is the course presented?
The course is delivered online, having registered the student will require to create their profile on our on-line site.