INF-01 Inference Development Module
Inference Development is part of the Intelligence Process. This module provides knowledge and skills needed to develop and apply an Inference and is taken from the CI-02 Intelligence Analysis (Intermediate) Course. It is intended for students not requiring the full analysis courses.
The aim of this module is to provide the student with the knowledge and skills to develop and apply an Inference in the analytical environment.
At the end of this module the student should be able to:
- State what a Statement is
- Extract statements from described data (charts, graphs, tables etc)
- State what an Argument (premise) is
- Define Deductive Logic
- Define Inductive Logic
- Use statements to create Inductive Arguments
- Use the 5WH model to create Premise
- Define what a Hypothesis is
- Create a Hypothesis
- Describe the methodology for testing Hypotheses
- State what an Inference is
- Describe how an Inference may be structured
- Describe the different types of Inference
- State the benefit of using an Inference in an intelligence product
- Create an Inference
Duration of this course
This is a one module input and is expected to take between 2 and 3 hours to complete. However, individual students work at their own pace and so this estimate should be used as a rough guide only – it may take you longer or you may complete the course in a shorter time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have been approved as a student and purchased access to this course, you will have 6 weeks to complete it. If you do not finish the course within 6 weeks then you may need to sign up again.
This course is available:
How is the course presented?
You will take this module online – the features of this course include:
- Narrated video presentations to help you understand the topics covered;
- Downloadable content – such as documents and images;
- Assessed knowledge check;
- Links to useful websites and other material;
- Online forum to keep in touch with other students and your tutor;
- Email contact with your tutor;
If you require this course to be delivered in a classroom then please contact us for details.